1.21.2015

5

Five?

No way.  Can't be true.

There is no way it is possible that my tiny, grey baby boy is five.

This little charmer that crawls in my bed each morning, serenades me each afternoon.  Who holds my hand and eats tomatoes like they are candy.  He sweet talks the neighbor ladies, swears like sailor (I'll take blame for that one).  Loves music, all music, but especially Bruno Mars.  Boyfriend likes to bring the funk.


He grew a ton this year.  Started the year still fitting into size 2T pants, ended it in a 4.  He's still not fully potty trained.  I know, I know.  But he's getting better and, to his credit, he's still on a hefty dose of diuretics that make it tricky to find a potty in time.  Plus he honestly could care less if his pants are wet, another hurdle to getting him trained.

He not only survived his 3rd open heart surgery this year, but blew us all away with how quickly he recovered from it.  A couple rough weeks and he was back to his silly self.

This boy.  I can't get enough of him.

Gabe loves to help.  Like for real.  Give him a job and he will work tirelessly until every part of it is done.


He still can't sit through an entire 30 minute show, is just starting to be able to listen to a whole book without getting too fidgety.

He's making friends with the neighbors and can throw a ball with better accuracy than most adults.


He's the cutest little man cub in the entire world and I cannot wait to see what he does this year.


I couldn't love this man child any more than I do.

Happy 5th Birthday Gabriel!



4 comments:

kimmer said...

Gabriel Gordon.....he is an amazing, beautiful boy! The universe aligned and he came into our lives. Love at first sight. His energy and joy of life light up the world! He is such an enormous blessing! Happy Birthday Gabey Baby!
(He told me I could still call him that!)

Unknown said...

So cute! My youngest is turning 7 Saturday!

Michele said...

Yep, he's a cutie! Happy Birthday sweet Gabe!

Sweet Tea said...

Do they come any cuter than this kid?! Happy Birthday, Gabe!