9.15.2014

Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes

Last week, Gabe started his My Amazing Body box from Mother Goose Time.

We talked about the parts of the body, made puppets, learned about letter B, and started his journal for the month.  One week in, I can tell this is going to be a perfect fit for my gentle approach to pre-k.  It gives him something constructive to do while introducing some new topics.

Our actual lesson time only takes about 20 minutes total.  The crafts take longer because both of my kids love them some glue.  I'm supplementing just a little with a handwriting program and a phonics program, but I'm so happy with what Mother Goose Time adds to our day.  I can't even imagine pulling all of this together by myself.













Gabe decided he hated life halfway through this craft so no picture of his finished product

every month comes with a new book.  this year, the book characters show up all 
throughout the month in different activities!


this month's character training word


this craft was supposed to be done on a yellow circle, but we had
just bought a bag of balloons so they were the center of all activities.

Next week we are going to learn about the 5 senses.  I remember doing this unit with Josie and it just happens to line up with her biology unit.  Love when that happens!

0 comments: